CURRENT MOON

Sunday, October 10, 2010

about Flecks of Blue in LYNX или за "Парченца синьо" в "ЛИНКС"

Jane Reichhold:


"I guess I really am already traveling as I write these book reviews on a sunny morning in August. The Flecks of Blue on the lovely cover of Maya’s first book of haiku allow me to journey to Kotel Bulgaria where Maya teaches at the Philip Kutev National School of Folk Arts. However, thanks to the Internet I have met Maya in the AHAforum and there I have gotten to know her and even more, came to admire her work in haiga. No wonder that in 2009 she was declared a Master Haiga Artist.

Though Flecks of Blue do not contain any of her haiga, the book does show how adept she is in writing haiku. She makes it look so easy! Because each of her haiku are flecks of perfection, the reader can relax and sink down into the pleasure of her timeless observations.

noon shadows
a dwarf lingers
at my feet

From this you can see Maya has a fine sense of humor that is exactly at home in haiku. She is not telling jokes or slipping into senryu, but is seeing her world anew and showing it to us.

shallow spring –
the lights in the puddle
freeze"


No comments:

Post a Comment